Monday, June 16, 2008

And Taxes - The Mad Fangirl

TITLE: And Taxes Part 1
AUTHOR: The Mad Fangirl
EMAIL: batya93@yahoo.com

RATING: NC-17

ARCHIVE: This list's archive, absolutely! Anywhere else, just ask.
DISCLAIMER: Not mine, savvy? Not even these versions, I suppose.

WARNINGS: Hot guy-guy action, but that's what you came here for,
right? Also some plain old weirdness, TMF style.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This is going to seem like an A.U. at first. It isn't
that much more A.U. than most slash�. Why, you ask? Well, I'll give
you one oblique hint: In this world, there is no Pirates of the
Caribbean ride at Disneyland.




And Taxes Part 1. 1/1
by The Mad Fangirl

* * *

"Are you *sure* this is legal?"

"I'm over twenty-one. You're over twenty-one."

"You know that wasn't what I meant."

"Trust me," Jack said, smiling, "I work for the government."

"Seven scariest words in the English language."

"I'll drink to that!"

"Oh, fine." Will sighed and his shoulders slumped, but he smiled, and
tipped back the rum and coke that came courtesy of his companion.

"Seriously. The audit's almost over, as these things go, and if it
helps, I don't think Mr. Swan has anything to worry about. And you're
just a manufacturing manager�no offense, but I'm satisfied that you
don't know any more about where the money at that company's going
beyond who signs your paychecks."

Will, though, read between the lines of the good-natured slam. //He
didn't say the company was fine,// Will thought, eyes narrowing
slightly, //just the president. Was that a hint?//

"Likewise with Liz, if you're wondering."

//Now he's fishing.// "You're fishing," Will Smith ("no relation")
observed, and Jack's eyes widened with a look of such patently false
innocence that Will had to grin again. "Yes, we went out, once,
during the course of which date I told her I was gay. We've been
best friends for a while now." Will leaned forward over his drink,
and confided, "Anyway, she's been sleeping with Greg Norton in
Security for a year and a half."

Jack snorted. "That tightass?"

"He's not that bad. He just doesn't like you because he thinks you
and your team have been doing illegal things to get into the
financial records."

"If we were exceeding our access, it would only be in the course of
accessing things we should have been enabled to access in the first
place."

Will stopped and ran the last sentence back through his mind. It was
something he'd had to do often since meeting Jack Byrd, currently of
the Internal Revenue Service.

"So, what's on your mind, besides taxes? And don't say death," Jack
advised. "It's the natural association, but it's depressing."

"Just thinking about when we met. Running into you and Annie Mae in
the cafeteria. She forgive you for wrecking her car yet?"

"That'd be a no." He leaned forward. "If I wasn't her boss, I think
she'd have smacked me. Probably more than once."

"It was an accident."

"By definition," Jack agreed, smiling. "Anyway, if I hadn't, you
might never have given me a ride, and then you'd never have met me,
and we wouldn't have gone for drinks, and tonight would have been
utterly dull for both of us."

//Damn. He's got an ego, but who'd ever have thought an accountant
would have been this bloody charming.// And a little flattery never
hurt, Will decided. "Well, you are the most interesting accountant
I've ever seen."

Jack gave him a cockeyed look. "Thanks, I think."

Had the backhanded complement backfired? They'd been playing this
game since April, banter and flirtation, thrust and parry�Will
watched Jack toss back his own rum and coke and say, "I ever tell you
what the real IRS motto is?"

"Faster than a speeding 1040 EZ?"

Jack rolled his eyes. "No."

"We're human beings just like you, except we breathe via gills?"

"No, not the Dave Barry version."

"Okay, fine. What then?"

Jack leaned forward, a gleam in his eye, smile turned
predatory. "Take all you can. Give nothing back."

Will felt his breath catch and his blood leave his brain. He waved
down a waitress.

"Check, please."

* * *

Will fumbled slightly with the keys to his apartment. This was likely
due to Jack's hand, snaking between Will's shirt and his jacket and
moving in distracting circular patterns.

They made it inside, but once there, Will began to wonder if they'd
make it to the bed. Their first kiss burned in him, to the point
where he had to break away and gasp. Two steps backward landed them
on his black leather couch, Jack on top, which seemed natural.

"This�aah�this feels so insanely�right, you know?"

Jack kissed him thoroughly. "Insanely? Should I be insulted?"

"Only if you're nuts."

Hips twitched, ground�Will gasped.

"I'm not nuts. I am, however, incorrigible. You going to encourage
me?"

In answer, Will grabbed the back of Jack's head and pulled him in for
another kiss that actually made his eyes vibrate. When they came up
for air again, he managed, "I just�this is going to sound like a
line, but I feel like I've known you forever. I don't want to screw
this up." Then the younger man gave a small moan as Jack nibbled his
collarbone and did something unmentionable with his hands while
undoing Will's pants.

"Well," Jack replied, "It might seem like a line, if I weren't the
one who seduced you."

"Seduced, past tense? You're a little�aah�"

"You were saying?"

"Oh, hell, I'm a goner."

"There you go." Shirts were untucked, shed. Backs arched up, arms
clasped nearly feverish skin. "But it's not just you." No mockery
now, gentle or otherwise. "This was meant to be. I just know. I've
known since I saw you. We were meant to be here, together, now."
Another deep kiss, and this one caused small explosions. "I know
every inch of you, somehow. I know exactly what happens when I do
*this�*"

Will bucked and writhed. "Oh GOD�"

Jack smiled that smile again. "Well, that's interesting. I was
right." Then, considering�"We still have way too much clothing on�"

They stood for about as much time as it took to shed shoes and pants.
When they sank back onto the couch, Will was still wearing his socks,
and decided that he didn't care. Heat spread throughout his body from
his arousal, then twisting about his nipple as Jack scraped it with
his teeth. Will hissed, and when Jack moved his hands, he forgot how
to breathe. This led to more gasping, and another one of those
scorching smiles. His own hands furrowed the muscle of Jack's
shoulders as Jack kept one hand between them, and the other�

"You ready for this our first night?" Seducer or not, there was real
concern.

"Mmm�" Something calm and languid had settled over Will, quite
suddenly. "Doesn't feel like our first night, does it?"

"Nay, lad�"

"What?"

"I said, no, you know, it really doesn't�"

"That's what I thought." One hand groped beneath the sofa, above the
supports, and came up with supplies. Jack eyed them with a raised
eyebrow.

"What is this, the make-out couch?"

"Well, yeah."

"I should be jealous, but�mmmm�..Aah!" Will took the opportunity to
take a bit of the initiative, switching his naked hips against
Jack's. "Oh, my." And then Will had trouble thinking again, as two
of Jack's fingers went exploring. His eyes rolled back with the next
kiss, Jack's other hand not in the obvious place, but rather tickling
the back of his neck, ever so lightly.

Then the fingers slid out, and Will moaned just a little. Covered and
prepared, Jack began to press within, oh, so slowly.

Completion, like nothing Will had ever known with any other lover.

Completion, like he'd always known with � with�.

Slow, so slow. Waves building, beginning to rush through his mind, so
harmless as they lapped at the sand, enough to swamp a man who went
any farther.

Hips rolled. He went farther. His eyes opened�he saw Jack. Jack.
*Captain�*

Jack's eyes, wide, confused. Body caught up in its own rhythm, soul
carried in currents�"What�What's happening�Will�Will, me lad�"

Riptide, and he was helpless�he gave himself up entirely, knowing
this man, remembering�"Right here. I'm here." And each movement of
their loving became the shaping of white-hot steel, the roll of a
ship beneath their feet.

"Will, please. Help me�" The abandon in his voice was near
madness. "Tell me who I am�"

Arms, legs clasped. The horizon beckoned. I am�he is�"Why, you're
Captain Jack Sparrow, of course."

That smile again, completely unleashed. "Of course!" And the heat of
him, as he moved�a temperate ocean, wind over water, iron on the
forge�Will Turner cried out with the intensity of it, mind, soul, and
heart. He felt himself draw tight, and managed only a gasp as he
came, his captain only an instant behind, whispering his name.

The waves receded, slowly, so much more slowly. It had only seemed
slow, their approach. Their departure lingered. Will and Jack lay
wrapped around one another, and it was awhile before either could
move, much less speak. When Jack could move, he raised one hand to
where he could see it and turned it slowly, as if he'd never seen it
before.

"That's�very�"

"Interesting?" Will finished, smiling slightly.

"Well, yes." He paused, then said, "Will, do you believe in past
lives?"

"You mean, did I an hour ago, or do I now?"

"Good answer. Me too."

They kissed, then, long, slow, and somewhat sleepily, and when they
drew apart, Jack's black hair pillowed on Will's chest.

"I can still feel him," Jack murmured.

"Hmm?"

"Jack Sparrow. He's here. He's still here. I can feel him in the back
of my mind. I should be worried about that, shouldn't I?" Dark eyes
looked into his own. "One night with you and I've got multiple
personalities�"

Will smiled softly, a tolerant smile with which Will Turner had often
favored his captain. "I can still feel Will Turner. I'm not worried�
but we can analyze this later. Right now, it's magic at least, and
maybe just a little bit of a miracle. We've found each other."

"Heathen gods�" Jack said suddenly. "I just hope it's not their sort
of miracle."

"Well, it's hardly a curse." That same soft smile, which only
faltered an instant as he glanced toward the window and back.

"What is it?"

"Nothing. It's nothing." And his mind tried very hard to dismiss it,
but Will couldn't shake the impression that he'd seen tiny, sharp
fangs, and a gleam of gold.

---

END PART 1
TMF

0 comments: